Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Water, water, everywhere .............

What and how did we get by before cell phones and water bottles? I spent some time in the lobby of our local hospital, waiting for my wife to get her monthly shot. Too hot to wait in the car so I sat inside. Everyone, coming or going had a bottle of water in hand, and many had their cell phone in the other hand.

I tried to remember what we did before someone invented water, or putting it in plastic bottles, and selling it. That is entrepreneurship at its very best. "Hey, Harry, lets put water in plastic bottles and sell it." Reply, "why would anyone want to buy water?"

Approximately 50 billion bottles of water are consumed per annum in the U.S. and around 200 billion bottles globally, thats who.

What has stimulated the need for water? Just when I bought stock in drinking fountains, remember drinking fountains?

I digress, I wish they would take those "catheter" commercials off of television, "virtually pain free." Been there, done that, once upon a time. I develop an "ache" every time that commercial aires. Just saw it, the ache is there. "Hi, is the ABC Advertising Agency, we want to do some TV commercials for out catheters, they are virtually pain free, we want everyone to love catheters, they are your ..... "friends."

OK, back to the topic. Almost everyone that walked in to the hospital had a bottle of water in hand, and those that didn't going in, had one, coming out. I didn't have either a cell phone or a bottle of water. Possible power outages from pending storms, I will admit, I have bought a case or two. 

I have a filter on our tap on our sink, and then another plastic jug thing 
(PUR 2-Stage 7-Cup Flavor Options Filtration Pitcher)
that I run that filtered water through. I drink and often cook with the double filtered water. This one also does flavored water if desired, with a button on the handle to determine the strength of the flavor. 

OMG - Million dollar idea ............. a cellphone water bottle combination