Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, May 28, 2012

Well, it finally happened

Well, it happened today, I guess I wasn't shocked, I had just never given it a lot of thought before.

My wife does some secret shop visits, did two today at freeway truck stops. Each one took maybe forty five minutes, so I spent some time in the parking lot, near the entrances, so I did a lot of people watching while I waited, and  it was quite busy, Memorial Day and all, a steady stream of people paying for gas, getting snacks to eat and a whole lot of bottles of water.

Mid-way through the second stop, at the TA station and store, I suddenly realized that I am now one of a  minority, white, male, Caucasian.

Then I started wondering why, so many different ethnic groups were celebrating Memorial Day, or perhaps they were just all traveling, coincidentally.

I now have a slight insight into what it is like being in a minority.  Regardless of race or ethnic background, or whatever country a person comes from, they love Popeye's Chicken, Pizza Hut and bottled water, and, after seeing all those hot, tired exhausted folks, I was glad we weren't traveling, just getting two Jimmie John's subs and going home.