Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Thursday, May 31, 2012

I'm feeling 80

Not sure whether it is good or bad, but, I now feel like I am almost 80. Tuesday morning, till about 11, I felt like I was in my 30's or 40's, depended on the day and the weather. Then, the episode with my wife, Pacemaker problems, then the problem, the operation, now the hospital time, and worst of all, I suppose there will always be doubt, of when it might happen again, and we could go through this again.

Hopefully, some of this will pass and we will get back to a normal life, but this experience will be difficult to forget. Not like fixing a broken arm or a broken leg, this is something that could occur any time, and heavy on my mind, is, if any damage occurred during this experience.

My hands have a tendency to perspire when I get nervous, just have to get used to carrying my little white towel for support. Life altering, to say the least. Marilyn has gone trough so much. A breast cancer survivor, and some of her medication caused some of her heart problems, which necessitated the Pacemaker/Defibrillator, which led to this episode. She really has gone through enough. Some relatives called her yesterday at the hospital, she wanted to call me, she was worried about me. How great is that?

On Mother's Day, she received flowers from her Granddaughter, her Daughter, and her two sons, and no remembrances where ever so richly deserved. A prayer for Marilyn Dooley, in Newark, Ohio would be appreciated. Thank You from a now, almost, 80 year old husband and Father, Grandfather and Great Grandfather to one, Brooklyn, and another one on the way.