Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, May 28, 2012

CHARISMA - That's all it takes


In a reflective mood this Monday Memorial Decoration Day morning. Beautiful day in Ohio, sitting outside on our porch, visiting with a few Robins and a couple of Doves that occasionally stop by. One Robin keeps  taking worms under my car, hope she is not building a nest under my car.

For some reason I reflected back to an Oprah show I saw a few years ago. Her guest was a rising young politician and his wife. He spoke, I listened, he was impressive, as was his wife. I told my wife, "That is the next president of the United States."

What had he said or done that made me feel that way. Easy, he had ONE thing going for him that equalled and surpassed all other considerations. He had CHARISMA.

I am still impressed with his CHARISMA. All other logical thoughts and reasoning's have been veiled in me, because of his CHARISMA.

I am of the opinion that he is nothing more than an image, a charismatic image, with no real substance. We see him often, but I don't think we really see him, we see his image, we see his CHARISMA. I think that is all that he is. 

I have personally met two people with CHARISMA. Glenn Turner of Koscot fame, and L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of Dianetics and Scientology. Obama could have spearheaded either of the two organizations. I attended one of Turners appearances, and after listening to him, if asked, would have followed him anywhere. Same with Hubbard, scary. Their presence was almost hypnotic.

That has been Obama's contribution, his personality and his CHARISMA. What else has he done, God only knows, I am afraid  it is monumental, and we may not be aware of it until it is too late. Is  he good? You bet, he is the president and we are not completely sure if he is even qualified to do so, and most, don't care. Is he good, or what? He can attribute his success to one quality, CHARISMA, and someone, something controlling the strings on the puppet. Oh, the above foto is Hubbard in his younger days.