Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, May 19, 2012

An apology to all the young ladies ......

I thoroughly enjoy watching Women's College Softball, one of the few "pure" sports left. When they lose they are sad and when they win they are happy, and they all seem to be thoroughly enjoying what they are doing, and having a great time doing it, and, they don't seem to be controlled by TV.

But I owe them all an apology, especially the Michigan Softball Team, the team I followed the most.

We had a "dish" installed last week, not sure if I like it or not. My wife did it, not me. Way to complicated for me to figure out. For 70 years, I could hit the 4, 6, or 10  button and watch TV. Recently, those three, plus 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 955 and 939, and one soothing music channel, and that was all I needed,

I have watched most all of the games in our back room, on the TV I have there. I could not help but notice that they were recruiting what I called "fire plugs."  On the short side, heavy thighs and legs, and they all seemed to be playing gals with like builds.

Today I watched a game on the TV in the living room, watched two teams who all seemed to have average to tall players, on the slim side.

Then I went back to the back room, and I put the picture on NORMAL. They all got taller, thinner, more attractive and much more athletic looking.

So, my apologies for thinking you were all short and stubby. Wonder what the basketball players will look like?