Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, May 19, 2012

Growing old, growing old. ............

I am getting old, I can tell I am getting old. I had tears in my eyes many times this beautiful Saturday morning. All due to living so long.

Tom McNutt retired from television in Columbus, Ohio. I am not a big fan of his, I have seen him on TV often, he was a plants and trees and flowers guy on Saturday morning. Why was I sad?. Another milestone has come and gone, another memory I will see no more. Many "milestones" have come and gone, just means I am getting much older.

Then, on another channel, this was the last show for some lovely lady. I have no idea who she was, but I must have seen her on TV. From the remembrances, she was a very neat lady. I don't remember seeing her before, but, I will never see her again. That's what made me sad.

As George Younce, my favorite Gospel Singer,  said, "I know I have many more days behind me, than ahead of me." That makes me sad at times. When I get that way I stop and look at now, I have less than many, and I have much more than many, and much to be thankful for, almost 80 and "still above ground."

Farewell to Tom McNutt and that other girl, all on Saturday morning TV, never to be seen again.