Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Friday, August 1, 2014

Happy August

Well, here it is, August, that leaves me speechless, I guess, can think of nothing to follow up with on that comment.

I apparently have a cold, throat tickle, coughing, no fever, yesterday, to my wife's delight, I lost my voice. So, last night, and don't tell anyone, I tried it. I had read about it here on the old internet, so, I did it. What, you ask, onions, on the feet, overnight. One 1/2 inch slice, bottom of the foot, sock over it. Did it work, well, much to my wife's chagrin, I am talking, less coughing and I feel pretty good. Last night I used a white onion, tonight I am going to use a yellow one, just to be on the safe side.

August used to be our month for vacationing, why, you ask, my Dad, the doctor, OBGYN ... less babies were delivered in August. There were some friends, relatives, etc., that he felt he should be there for the event. Many times the old Packard Clipper would be loaded, ready for a trip, the telephone would ring, and car would be unpacked, and another trip or vacation delayed. Other than my ADD and my lack of dedication to studying, that was probably one reason I did not turn out to be a doctor. The ADD probably being the guiding factor.

In high school, I decided to go out for track. It was cool, no, I don't think we used that term back then, it was neat, after school, running around the track doing all sorts of exercises while flirting with some band members who also were practicing. I bought a pair of "spikes" ... watched Harrison Dillard at the UD Stadiun, I was really in to track. Decided on being a "miler" running the mile. Ran all over Oakwood getting in shape. I forget who out first meet was with, I just remember being almost a lap down, tripping, falling, not finishing that race, or, the rest of the season, I quit track, a pattern, of things to come.

But, Marilyn and I have been married almost 50 years, and I have ADD, maybe it balances out the scales of time for me.

Happy August, everyone..........................