Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Thursday, April 18, 2013

Miss Brooklyn .....


I am sitting here, surrounded by quiet, drinking my first cup of coffee of the day. I have done a few posts on my blog, and, for some reason I have been overcome with sadness. I guess after reading the news in the morning, that is a logical reaction, and I have not even watched the local news from Columbus this morning.

Without looking I know there were a couple of shootings overnight, probably a robbery or two and a few fires, just in Columbus.

The only encouraging event was the National Anthem as it was sung by all of those in attendance at a Boston Bruin's Hockey game. That is on a previous blog, watch  that if you haven't seen it yet. Momentary, and it will pass, but for a moment, there is hope.

I don't dwell on it, but I know the road behind me is much longer than the road ahead.

I think the sadness set in when I looked at a picture, posted by my granddaughter Amanda, of her daughter, Miss Brooklyn, the one posted above here. Miss Brooklyn is looking ahead, I pray to God, she is looking ahead to a full life, blessed with all the good things that life has to offer. But something about that picture of that precious little girl, so innocent and so young, looking ahead, really speaks to me, for some reason.

The sadness is my concern about what her future may hold. When I was her age in 1936, and a similar picture was taken of me, looking ahead, just think what all has happened during that time, until today.

The good news, we somehow live through it all. Just think of all that has transpired, in my lifetime, since 1932, the year I was born. Things have happened that we could not have dreamed of back then.

To a long and happy life, Miss Brooklyn ..................