Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, April 27, 2013

Looking back ............. a little

Not sure why, my old memories keep coming back to hen me this morning. I think it had to do with the passing of George Jones, and it got me thinking of all those who have been a part of my life, have passed.

My very early life, I think they are all gone. There may be a few left, but I have not been in touch with them for so many years.

The Guilds were our neighbors on Brown Street, the Burions, the Schmalls, and other escape e right now. Grace, Claire and Mary Jo were early family friends. The Geiringers, the Hurless's. Dr. Hurless on one occasion, I was probably in my threes or fours, quite young, and I had a new pair of tennis shoes, as we called them in those days. I was very proud of them. He jokingly told me he was going to take them .. I have never forgotten that little incident. I was always a little leery of him because of that, and he was a good family friend. I remember going to his house once, he had a radio that he had made, BIG speakers, short wave. We  listened to music coming in from London, awesome in those days. I think that spurred a love for radio in me that I have always had. Led to my building my first "crystal" set, with a cat whisker.

Watching Good Morning America, one segment was the high cost of proms. I think it was my senior prom, rented a tux, maybe even white tie and tails, too Sarah Booth, who I have just recently hooked up with on Facebook, after all these years, brought back a flood of memories.

Still some Oakwood classmates left, not many, but a few.

Then the Navy, one dear friend from there still in touch Ernie Moody. So glad he looked me up one time and called me ..... he is the only one left from that era.....

I am ssssssooooooooo thankful that I still have my memory, I pray I never lose it ................