Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, April 22, 2013

I'm doin Ok..............


Hi Joe, how's it goin?

Well,  it's two o'clock, 4/22/2013, I'm sitting out here on the porch, in the sun, drinking a tall gin and tonic. Have my feet propped up, it's warm, and life is good.

Our rent is paid up through the end of the month, and, hopefully we'll get another SS check next month to pay the rent next month.

We have a frig with a lot of food in it, have a deli chicken for dinner tonight, clean water to drink, a nice bed to sleep in, clothes to wear, some money stashed in my billfold and two cars out front, both paid for.

As of now, all my children, grand children and great grandchildren are healthy and happy. I am 80, my wife is not far behind, and we are both in reasonably good health. She is a cancer survivor and I have had a triple bi-pass, a cyst in my colon removed, one cataract miraculously removed, kidney stones, an appendectomy, and a few other health issues resolved. I have another cataract in my left eye, and once I get my courage  pumped up I hope to get that taken care of.

I have passed up many golden opportunities in my life and let them slip out of my hands. I don't know how I am perceived, and probably do not care. Do I wish I had done some things differently in my life. No, not if they would have in any way affected where I am today.

At the end of the day today, I will go to bed, warm, fed, with few worries about the future. Not everyone can say that.