Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Doing a little reflecting ...............

I remember many years ago, sixty or seventy, to be exact, Summer, load the car, head out in the Packard Clipper toward Michigan. A two day trip in those days. Stop at a little country store around noon, get their trial bologna in a ring, some Nabisco crackers, fig newtons, Cokes, some yellow cheese, cut from the block, and eat outside on an old picnic table. Delicious. That is the thing that memories are made of, just little incidents, but they stay with you for the rest of your life.

I still do that, on occasions, the bologna,, crackers, fig newtons with a coke, some yellow cheese, and a flood of memories come to mind. That incident from years ago is probably one of the most vivid in my mind, just a casual stop on the way to a vacation in Michigan.

I guess our life is made up of those incidents, sometimes they get pushed back into the recesses of our minds, but some little thing can occur to bring it all back. The "unconscious" to the "conscious." Shades of L.Ron Hubbard and his Dianetics.

One of my first opportunities to drive the family occurred in that old Packard Clipper. I think we were in Canada, had taken a trip East, and headed North, up above Niagara Falls, and took that road that shot across Canada. Dad let me drive, I had my learners permit. I remember one right angle curve, had my foot on the accelerator rather than the break. Really zipped around that curve. Dad suggested I learn under other circumstances.