Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday Morning ..... 4/28/2013

Rainy, cloudy and gloomy in Ohio this morning, not sure what the rest of the day will be like. Have not seen the weather report, have the TV on, but listening to music from the 30's and 40's. Right now, Billie Holiday and Benny Goodman, love this old stuff, takes me right back to 319 South Brown Street in Dayton, Ohio. Sittin in Dad's chair, has the old Philco right next to it, now Red Nichols. Thankful I still have my memories.

Coffee is ready, be right back. On Sunday I splurge, make Maxwell House and not the generic from Walmart. There is a difference.

George Jones is gone. I always liked George and Hank Snow and Ernest Tubb, loved Floyd Cramer and his piano, but, hard to explain, but when I say "George Jones" I have to make a little shoulder twist, open hands, hip movement, almost like I am introducing him to an audience. Other names I can just say, but I just have to do that gesture with I say .......... George Jones ......... . Music and some songs can take me back to a time and place. Just like now, listening to this old stuff, I am taken back to a different time and place. Some of George's songs take me back to the Tux Club in Reno, a little neighborhood bar in Klamath Falls, Oregon, another place between Reno and Carson City where we used to go on Sunday's, party a bit, play some poker and have some great times. And the old Silver Dollar between Newark and Zanesville, now that was a Honkey Tonk. Dave Longaberger or his daughter bought the place. She was building a home nearby and didn't want a bar nearby. They have since sold it and someone built a house there.

I knew Dave a little, got to know him through the old Newark Downtown Association when he was moving his offices up here and build "The Basket" out East. I have had some pleasant times with him.

The NFL draft is over, probably one of the greater wastes of time and effort and money. A tip of my hat though, that TV has taken a totally uninteresting occurrence and attempted to turn it into a TV spectacular. They attempt to create excitement where there is none.

It is still on my mind though, the  two events, one in Boston, one in Texas, one we know every little detail about one, and one we know nothing, or very little. I wonder what the determining factor was? I still wonder also, who will pay for the body to be shipped back, and why that whole family was so well versed, trained, skilled, at all the comments they made, the accusations, the innuendo, I found it all rehearsed.

Now, just anticipation, what's next? For those interested, the "tag" on my right cheek is just about gone, took three weeks, but the "Tag Away" does work.

OOOOhhhhaaaa  ..... "My Old Flame" by Benny Goodman ....