Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Voting day memories ..

I have lived to be 80, that is quite a privilege, not everyone does.

This morning I took the trash our of the trash can and tied the red tie, and put it out the door to be taken down to the dumpster. Then I put in a new nice clean red handled trash bag. I got  to wondering, how many times have I done that. I generally get the big box, and I don't know how many times I have wondered to myself, "I'll probably never have to buy these again." Yet, I keep buying them.

Toilet paper, same thing.The big package, 24 rolls, last time to buy these, but I keep on buying them.

Many times I have thought that I was doing something for the last time. Always wondering what the future holds for me;

I remember hearing George Younce, a beloved gospel singer, in the introduction to a song stated, "I know I have many more years behind me than I do ahead." I know how many years I have behind me, but the future is always questionable, not jut for me, for everyone.

I am getting ready  to go vote, I wonder what the future holds for our country. I have lived through many presidents, 15 to be exact. The world, and our country, seem to survive. FDR is the first President I remember, hearing him on the old Philco Radio. I think the voice projects so much more than an image. I can still hear his voice. I saw him once, in the back seat of a convertible, along with Charles Kettering and Orville Wright.

In my case, I have decided to not dwell on the past, but always consider the future. Whatever will be, will be. Kathy Lee and Hoda have the right idea, drink wine, do a TV show, talk a lot, which they both do well, and make a lot of money. How great is that?