Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, November 6, 2012

One more thought for today ......

I am watching TV, from New York, they are showing luxurious clothing, drinking wine, talking, talking, talking, and I have to wonder, how far away from them are people living on the streets, cold, no food, and no place to live, and another storm is on the way, and they just go on talking and talking and talking.

To me, there is just something terribly wrong with that. I guess that life has to go on for those not affected, but I would rather they showed a movie or a rerun, and let us know that the cast and crew are down helping out where they are NEEDED.

"Rev Arlene Dawber, will be accepting donations Wednesday, November 7th from 9 am - 11am at Town of Lloyd Town Hall, Highland, NY. Thank you Joeys Auto for providing the use of your box truck to take Food, Supplies & Clothes to NYC. Thank you Highland Hannaford for your generous donation of 15 Helping Hands Food boxes. 

Coats, baby supplies, hand can openers, toilet paper, socks, paper towels Cat/dog food, cleaning supplies, garbage bags, blankets, etc. Thank you in advance for your contributions."


Now, that it what I am talking about . That is what they need, NOT a lot of talk. I know Rev. Dawber, she did the ceremony when my son Brad got married to Bernie

If anyone would like to DONATE to her and her efforts, use the "Donate" link on my page and I will see that she gets the money. I can guarantee that it will be put to GOOD use.