Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Friday, November 16, 2012

A MEMO from Billy the Kid

Billy the Kid was a 19th-century American gunman who participated in the Lincoln County War and became a frontier outlaw. According to legend, he killed 21 men. He killed his first man at 18.

Hey, y'all ... I don't do a lot of writing, but there was just something I had a hankering to get offn my mind.

I mosey to the kitchen in the mornings, pour me out a cup of good hot coffee, and saunter in to the living room, get comfortable in my chair and turn on the television, ain't that a wonderful thing?

I turn it to the morning news. "Good Morning, this is your Late breaking News."

Now, I've lived in some pretty rough places, Santa Fe, Silver City, Yuma, Dodge City, some really willd places, but I gotta admit, we never had so many shootings as you folks have today, right here in Columbus, Ohio, and I hear the same thing is happening all over this country. People shootin people. We never used to have that many shootins.

What is wrong with people today that they gotta do so much killin? We used to have a shootin once in a while, but  it was over a poker game or some guys was stealin cattle, we always had a good reason. Oh, maybe some guy would rob a bank and get shot leavin town, but people had good reasons for gettin shot.

No more, you guys just seem to shoot each other for no reason. Every mornin,, same thing, shootin, shootin, shootin. Now I've lived a pretty rough life, forget how many I shot, but I just gotta quit watchin that morning news, just too many people gettin shot.

What is wrong with y'all?