Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday Morning in Ohio, 1.15.12

Cold and snowy, but the sun is out right now, so it makes it brighter out. Now, what to write about this morning?

Was going to watch TV, but after scanning the channels I realized that was a waste of time. Ice Road Truckers, Pickers, Gold Mining, Swamp Logging, were my  best choices. Caleb, our dog, has asked to go out five times now. He just sits and stares at me. I tell him, NO, but he sits and stares and I eventually let him out. He stays out a minute or so and wants back in. Nice little game we play. He has us trained well. When we go to the store, he expects us to buy him a toy, so he can search through the bags till he finds it. He has quite a LARGE pile of toys.

I realize why we have stayed in Ohio all this time. We have Summer, nice and warm, sit in the sun, then we have Winter, cold and snowy and windy. In the Winter, I look forward to Spring and Summer. If it wasn't for Winter, I wouldn't know the difference, always have something to look forward to, that way.

Just like now, looking forward to Spring Training and baseball season. Then, when that rolls around, I can start looking forward to college football season, then basketball, always something to look forward to, that's what makes my world go around, always something to look forward to. But, I think I could force myself to live in Key West. But, then again, I know people who lived there, and they wanted to move farther North in Florida, too hot and too buggy. Grass is always "greener" I guess.

Politics, I really don't think that I understand it. What are these Primaries for? I thought there was a Republican Platform. Don't all the Republicans adhere to that, if so, what are they debating about. The really sad part of the whole scenario, they are spending millions, if not billions that could be put to better use, and when it is all over there will be a picture of them, arm in arm, good friends.

A thought for the day: We are destroying our Democracy ....... I think I am of the opinion that Democracy is destroying our Democracy, the very things that make it great, are destroying it. We certainly are NOT what we used to be. It used to be that an American never went to a foreign country.

We are still somewhat that way. Not thinking, I was driving, and I once said to my wife, "A lot of New Jersey license plates." She replied with, "We are IN New Jersey."

The "quietness" on the news is frightening. A cruise ship ran aground, the primaries in South Carolina, some award shows, of which there are many, no real catastrophes to report on, all the "big" news folks are stranded in cold New York and Washington, wishing that something would happen in Florida or Vegas, or somewhere warm, so they could load up all their equipment and head to a warmer climate.

Caleb is at my feet, staring at me. I am trying to ignore him. What a face, those eyes so intent, he looks so sad and forlorn, and all he wants me to do is put him on his leash and put him out.

OK, he wins.