Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Friday, January 6, 2012

January 6. 2012 - originally had 2011

I have not written a blog in quite a while, and I have to get one done ....what to write?

How does Caleb know it is exactly 8:00 AM? Every morning, I feel a paw scratching at my feet. I get up, and Caleb heads to where my head was recently sleeping, and snuggles up, and takes a nap, after I get up. So many mornings I have felt that something at my feet, looked at the clock, exactly 8:00, how does Caleb do that?

Politics: Actually, about as interesting as a rock. I have a few rocks on my end table that my Dad made. The cabinet and the rocks mean a lot to me. The rocks are from Cape Cod, taken from my Daughter's front yard. The recent stir in Iowa, all things considered, probably had something to do with millions of dollars, money that could have been better spent helping someone or something out. If nothing else, they could have purchased suits for the participants.

I will not vote for anyone who campaigns in jeans and a shirt. THEY show NO respect for me, so they will not get my vote. What is even worse, a nice thousand dollar suit, a one hundred sixty dollar shirt, and NO TIE. Why not just forget to put on the pants. Most newscasters wear ties, Drew Carey wears a tie. Why get "almost" dressed, wear ties. Doctors, ministers, politicians, successful businessmen should wear a tie.

Warm in Ohio today, similar pattern to when we had the blizzard. Washed the car yesterday, brushed out the floors, even warmer today. Nice, but scares me a bit as to what is coming ... we always seem to have to "pay the piper."

Something will happen soon...... not sure what it will be, but we are in a "slow" news time, politics is actually boring, Obama is up to something, not sure what .... little to no news out of Washington, so, weather, disaster, something will happen soon. All of the TV crews are at home. If the weather was bad, i.e. snow in the North, etc., would be a "Southern" disaster so they could head for warmer weather. But, something will happen soon, it always does. Hope you are not involved in it...