Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Clean Slate

I think it is strange and amazing, in a way, that we can wake up on this day, and feel that we have a "clean slate" ahead of us for the year. All problems and sins are behind us, a life changing day, New Years Day. How did we come to believe this?

I guess we have heard this all our lives, we have heard it, the older ones, on the radio, seen and heard it on television all our lives, so we have come to believe it. A blank canvas and a full palate, a whole new start.

I felt that this morning when I woke up, all my aches and pains were gone, my blood pressure was good, pulse good, back pain gone, neck pain gone, everything was working fine. Now, if I can just keep it that way for the rest of the year, an empty diary to fill up, how great is that.

OK, evening now, been a damp, rainy, lazy day, no exercising at all. Got up from my chair after watching TV most of the day, back is hurting a little, neck is a little sore, gonna take an Tums, stomach kicking up a little, cooked a nice dinner for my wife, nothing for me, not feeling that good about eating, sore spot on my hand where I stabbed it a little, well, put some silverware in the dish washer, put a knife in, point up, got my hand a little, seems red, better go wash it in peroxide, put some iodine on it.

Seven o'clock, feeling a little tired, may go back and lay on the bed and watch TV, maybe fix a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of milk.

Back to normal and it's just Sunday evening, hope I make it another year so I can experience that "re-birth" next year, what, 2013, unlucky, probably have to live to 2014. Some predict our end on 12/21/12, so we may not have to worry about it. Happy New Year.

Major complaint so far, NO Rose Bowl Parade on New Years Day, NO Rose Bowl game, I guess they have never held in on a Sunday. Doesn't take me long to forget things, at lease six or seven years.