Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Sunday, January 29, 2012

Miracle on 21st Street ...

For a few days now I have a left ear ache, which goes down into the left of my throat, hurts when I swallow, on the left side.

I took a couple of sinus pills the other night and they seemed to help. So, yesterday, we were in Meijers, and I went back to the pharmacy to get some sinus pills. The ones I wanted  were not there, had to get them from the pharmacist.

We chatted a bit, told him of my problem, and asked for AccuFed. He told me they don't carry that anymore, but suggested that I go to Walgreen's, they had one called WalFed that was similar. I thought that was nice of him, so we headed to Walgreen's.

Found the WalFed on the shelf, but there was just a card which had to be taken to the pharmacist. I took the card to the window, chatted with the young lady a bit, told her my problem, she asked, "Do you have any blood pressure issues?"

Then, she got the head pharmacist, who quizzed me about my health issues. He told me that the pill I wanted could elevate my blood pressure. He suggested that I just take Tylenol.

First time I was ever referred to another drug store. And then, at Walgreen's, the pharmacist was actually interested in my health issues and suggested a course of action for me, one which was contrary to what I would have done, which could have resulted in some problems for me.

Made my day for me, people being concerned, doesn't happen often .................