Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Pinky Ring

If there are any HIGHLIGHTS in here, IGNORE THEM .... some virus is causing some to be highlighted and LINKED to other programs. DO NOT LINK ......you might get the same thing, they are VICIOUS, Pop-ups and now this!!!!!!!!!!!

A few have asked, some already know the story, but, I will retell it now, Fourth of July Eve, and all.

As you know, I am from Ohio, but my Son Dean had called from New Jersey, from his Studio, and told me that they had an interesting "shoot" coming up, and perhaps I might want to make the trip back and help out some.

So, I took the drive back, a few years back, when it was just a drive and not a "trip" .... due to advanced age.

In Studio A, they were doing an Infomercial shoot for the Jack Leland Blender, rather involved, and a 3-day shoot. I helped out some, set up some lunch programs, did some cleaning and answered the phone as much as anything, it was a bit hectic, all three studios were being used..

In C, the smallest one, some still photographs was being done, a Catalog Shoot for a large jewelry company. Basically, the studio was just rented out, the space rented out, occasionally some lighting or other equipment was also rented for the shoots. In Studio B, they were using a set my son had designed, an office background where they were shooting a training  film for an insurance company. There were a few "recognizable" faces in that group, some I had seen on TV.

So, the studio was quite busy. The photographer in C I had seen in the studio before, had talked with him on a few occasions, and gotten to know him rather well. He was very quiet, and studied each shot like it was going to be a "work of art." He was very good at what he did.

At the end of the day, Studio A was still in use, but B had wrapped up their day, and my friend in C was done, packed his camera equipment, and we chatted a bit in the front office.

He and Dean, my Son, were good friends, and the three of us were standing at the counter and talking.

"Joe, I want you to have this, I don't wear jewelry because of using the camera, Dean has done me many favors, so I want you to have this," and he handed me a ring box. I opened it, and there, was the ring you see in this photograph. "The company I did the shoot for today, gave it to me, and I want you to have it. It is rather special, they didn't make many of them, and I only got it because the President of the company is a good friend of mine."

He then proceeded to tell me the story behind this unique ring. I cherish it, very few have such a rung, with such a story behind it, to tell.

Have to run, prescription to pick up at Walmart, more later on .................