Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Without Dayton, Ohio we would not have airplanes or cash registers

I have been on a Facebook Page about Dayton in the 40's, 50's and 60's, and it has been nice sharing memories with many. It did not include the 30's, so I am one of the older members of the group. We talk about alleys, ice men, old school days, businesses no longer there, and, "the good old days."

Airplanes and cash registers, world wide, and .... outer space, all thanks to Dayton.

I remember my first trip overseas, other than Tijuana, was to Japan. In the Navy then, and out transport pulled in to Yokohama. It was cold, rainy and dreary that day, I went in to town, walked around, a little lonely and homesick. I remember looking in to a window, and there it was, a cash register, made just a few blocks from where I lived. If an airplane had flown over at that moment, well ....

Dayton is my  ...... Hometown, I guess, and that makes it special. I have lived many places since then, all over the country, but, you only have one .......... Hometown, that makes it rather special.  Yet, I have lived longer, thank God, here in Newark, Ohio, than anywhere else.

To the news. Another airplane crash, at least this one was not shot down, which brings me to this. Who, in this world, actually, has jurisdiction, when an airplane is "shot down.?" Is there actually a world court, a world police force, a world DA, how do we go about that. My guess is that just "one guy" actually pushed or pulled something that caused that missile to fire, and hit that airplane. Was it a man, a group, or a country, that is responsible. I realize Obama stepped forward, I must admit I found that embarrassing that he was that arrogant to think that the world cared what he said. Remember, after all is said and done, he is still, just a politician, and that is what they do. Did Putin lose any sleep, I doubt it.

If the plane was shot down, by a country, in their own country, they would have jurisdiction. I learned that, somewhat last night, watching an old Perry Mason, about a murder at sea, territorial waters, etc. So, all that country has to do is say, "Not Guilty" ..... and the matter is solved.

I read last night that WE tracked it after it was fired .... and we still wondered who fired it and where it came from ........ I question that ...........