Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Jane Somers - A celebration of Life

Jane Somers has passed away ........ a short time ...... before her 104th Birthday, in Angola, Indiana.

Jane Somers was the sister of my brother's wife, Rebecca Rhue. I remember Jane from some visits she and her husband Dr. Jerry Somers, made to our home in Dayton, Ohio. Jane was one of a trio of sisters, all very gracious ladies.

One married an advertising man, he got me a tie, in the 40's, hand painted silk, of the NEW, Mercury Hurricane Outboard Motor, which was painted on that tie. I had one of the motors, and one of the few that had a tie.

Jane married a Doctor, Fort Wayne, Indiana, as I recall. I think he used to be a team physician of the old Fort Wayne Zollner Pistons. I remember he had a party for the team each year prior to the season starting. I remember my brother and Becky, his wife went one year.

I don't recall the last time I saw Jane probably at a wedding, niece or nephew.

Why write about Jane Somers, well, for one thing at one time she had something to do with Magic Johnson in Lansing, Michigan, as a teacher or counsellor, and, she lived to be almost 104, and, as my niece, Jane Dooley told me, she drifted off in her sleep.