Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Thursday, July 31, 2014

Politicians ..... ?

Perhaps it is my advanced age, but my view of politicians, how I perceive them, has altered drastically. I was at a meeting last night, a fundraiser, for a politician, attended by up and coming wanna be politicians, some old times who had been in the game for a while, and some in office now. Probably the largest representation in the group was money, old money, who, I am sure have benefited in one way or another, from their association with politicians, and maintain their contact, out of habit.

The politicians, in attendance, I must admit, I had little to no respect for, those there, who had "worked" and been successful, I had respect and admiration for. They play their own game, have their own set of rules, they have that .... look in their eyes ... they are always looking for, seeking that situation or that someone, who can be beneficial to their political career. They like to shake the right hand, and the right time. They will shake any hand, but some get that little extra squeeze of sincerity, that what can you do for me look.

The next time you shake the hand of a politician, look at his eyes. Most generally, they are not looking at you, but, where their next handshake is coming from, no sincerity, just necessity.

The "Political Bar" has been lowered, greatly, in recent years, in my eyes, it is laying on the ground.

I respected FDR, HE was the President, there have been some, since then, I have respected, but recently, there are none, "You are a what?"