Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A comment on my last post ...............

I must admit, my mind is still, just not clear on this issue. If these "sports" cause head injuries, to me, the only logical course, is to NOT have them. Or, change the rules so there is NO contact. Problem there, people LOVE that "rock 'em, sock 'em, the harder the hit to more we yell" attitude. Jack Tatum, played at I think, Ohio State in those days, rather than The Ohio State ... well, he "hit 'em" and they often stayed down, and, the louder the hit, the longer he stayed down, the louder the crowd was. He was known for "vicious hits."

I find this whole scenario of an "outcry" because of injuries .... in a contact sport .... ludicrous. And, worse, professional athletes ... those who made a living playing the game, now turn around and sue because they got injured. If they were still around, I would sue my Mother and Father because I had to have a Triple Bi-pass. They created me, it was their responsibility to see that my "genes" were perfect.

"I got injured playing football." Now, take care of my and my family. I admired many of them for their football prowess, but I am more in awe of their unmitigated gall to expect compensation for something that they knew could happen.

Simple, do away with those "athletic cathedrals" on each campus, and Rededicate the campuses to EDUCATION. "Oh, what, how much, that much?"  So then, you are telling me, that they need the money they make from playing football. That is ironic, isn't it?

Let me get this straight, YOU put more emphasis on football, because it brings in all that money, and they pay that money to see .... what ..... hitting and mayhem .... and YOU are, as you say, "between a rock and a hard place," yes, I see that .... and, in most cases, the football coach wields more power than than the president of the university, certainly makes more money. How did football get so big? Oh, the hitting, tackling, roughness .... you really do have a problem.