Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I hate to say it, but her "performance" .... if, in fact that is what it was, is reminiscent of some I pulled, in my younger days, to draw sympathy, or a sympathetic response from my family on days I did not have homework done, or a term paper to hand it. I thought it was a very convincing performance, something Tim Conway might have done. I have never seen a reaction to a "virus" such as she is experiencing. She has unique effects from losing ...............

WIMBLEDON, England -- In a bizarre scene at Wimbledon, Serena Williams appeared disoriented in a first-round doubles match with sister Venus and was forced to retire after three games Tuesday.

LONDON (AP) — It was clear something was wrong with Serena Williams from the moment she began trying to warm up for her Wimbledon doubles match Tuesday.

She weakly pushed volleys into the net from a couple of feet away. She whiffed on practice strokes. She even had trouble with the simple task of collecting tennis balls from the ball kids.

After Williams was examined for about 10 minutes on the sideline by medical staff, including a check of her blood pressure, the match began. After three games, though, an out-of-sorts Williams and her partner, older sister Venus, stopped. The tournament referee's office and WTA later said Serena, who lost in singles Saturday, had a viral illness.

"I am heartbroken I'm not able to continue in the tournament," Serena said in a statement. "I thought I could rally this morning because I really wanted to compete, but this bug just got the best of me."

About 1 1/2 hours after leaving the court, Serena walked out of the All England Club, still wearing her white match outfit, and with a tournament towel draped around her waist. She got into a car and was driven away.

"Unfortunately, Serena has been feeling unwell for the past few days and she just couldn't play to her potential today," Venus said. "I'm really proud of her for trying because we just love playing doubles together."