Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, October 2, 2012

80 + 2

I've been 80 now for two days and I don't think I feel any different. I am still sick of politics, I still don't understand the rationale of spending 6 BILLION dollars to land a $400,000,00 job. The strategy of both sides boils down to making negative comments about your opponent. I tune out everything said by either candidate because I know it means nothing.

Putting Obama back in office is akin to giving Edward John Smith (the Captain of the Titanic) another ship to  take on a cruise. I marvel at that kind of thinking. What ever happened to Performance Evaluations. Private industry has them, they want to make sure teachers have them, most people are judged on Performance, all but politicians. They are allowed to spend all of their time in office, campaigning and working on staying in office. I guess you can't evaluate their performance when they have not performed.

I guess part of the reason we see so many TV ads on a local level, there are no newspapers anymore. Also see a lot of ads on this computer, Facebook, etc. And, of course, yard signs, always yard signs. That is probably the only part of campaigning  that has stayed the same. Find all the best locations and stick a sign in the ground.

I still have not figured out when and who decided it was fine for men to take off their neckties and go around with an open shirt. I am big on perception, and I like to see a necktie on. Or, appearing on stage, performing, in a T-shirt. I think it shows a lack of respect for an audience to appear in some of the "get ups" they wear today. Perception, how are YOU perceived. Most news commentators wear ties, late night "hosts" wear ties. not all do. I still don't like walking into my local bank and see the "bankers" wearing golf shirts. I remember on one of my stays in our local hospital, a Sunday morning, a doctor came to my room to check on me, wearing flip-flops, a white jacket over his golf shirt and had a pony tail.

I guess that shows I am 80, or at least old. I still don't like seeing, a man who wants to be the President of the United States, wanting my vote, and appealing to me for that vote, wearing jeans and a shirt with no tie.