Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The bug and I ................

Took my wife to the CVS drug store today, I parked next to the building and waited for her. I sat there, facing a brick wall. actually a very decorative brick wall. Multi colored, tan, black and brick red, and the bricks were not just laid conventionally, one on top of another, some were that way, some sideways, some were end showing, and they all varied, but somehow came together at the top.

I was  looking at the design, and then I saw him, a bug of some kind, maybe a half inch in length, climbing that wall. Sometimes he would walk on the mortar in between the bricks and sometimes on the bricks. Sometimes he would linger in an overhang between the bricks and rest. After the rest, back at his walk up the wall.

I got to wondering what it was like to be a bug, did he have a place to live, or did he just stop at night wherever he happened to be? Or, did he know night from day? Did he have a family, or was he all alone in the world?

He was diligent though, he kept plodding up that wall, sometimes on the brick, sometimes on the mortar. I watched him plod up that wall for quite a while. I wondered if he was getting tired.

And then, almost to the top, he spread his wings and flew away. He never got to the top, and since he could fly, why all the walking?

I tried to relate his actions to an experience I had, or knew of. None there. His actions will always be a mystery to me. Maybe he just liked to climb or needed the exercise, maybe he had a big family and wanted to stay healthy for them, and I thought he was just a bug.