Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Morning ..........


Two days away from turning 80 and a rather gloomy day in Ohio. Fall is in the air, leaves are turning color. Seasons changing are rather amazing when you think about it, all the things that happen on an annual basis, not everywhere, but at least here in Ohio. Makes you wonder what differences in people that make them choose one climate over another.

Speaking of Ohio, and the politicians certainly are. Politicians are costing various communities in Ohio a small fortune, additional security, cleanup, etc., and a few of those town are not too well off financially anyway. Why can't they spend some of those billions locally and help these towns out. If I was Mayor of a town either candidate wanted to appear in, it would be money up front. In the printing business it was always "money up front" for politicians. No one wants to pay a bill when they lose.

All the candidates are rehearsing and preparing for their impromptu debates. I can think of no greater waste off time, than two politicians debating each other, with prepared questions, the answers of which have been rehearsed. And in some cases, in boils down to which one seemed the most "comfortable." Or the one who "came off well." Their promises mean nothing, their intentions mean nothing, so their rhetoric means nothing.

I have lived through Hoover, for a short time, FDR for many years. I learned many "expletives" from my Father, referring to FDR, Truman, Eisenhower, Nixon, Kennedy, fourteen presidents to be exact. I guess I remember FDR the most vividly, Reagan is in there also. I remember listening to FDR on the radio many times, perhaps that is why he is so vivid in my mind, and it was wartime.

Memories are great things, and I have many, some vivid, some fuzzy, but still there. Memories of good times are the most vivid. Memories when I was under stress are not so vivid, and that is probably a good thing, best to relive the good times and put the "not so good" times in the recesses of the mind.

The fun part of being 80 is looking forward to the date. The closer I get to the 30th of September, the less I look forward to it. The realization of being 80 starts sinking in, wow, that's old. Many more days behind than ahead.

But, few to no ripples on my pond today, my biggest worry right now, "What's for dinner?"