Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, September 11, 2012

??????? for President

Interesting, the response I have received on my Fantasy Politician, many names have been suggested. What is more interesting, The only politician mentioned was Ronald Reagan. I am not sure if it was for his policies or his image, I'm inclined to think the latter, and not sure that was his presidential image or the one seen so often in the movies. I think he was always the "good guy."

We were at out local hospital yesterday, Doctor's appointment for my wife. I got started talking with those also who were waiting, politics came up, and I asked them all if they had any respect for any politicians, and if so who. No one had an answer, just blank stares. No one came up with an answer of any kind.

I mentioned a local politician who held a number of state offices and had an unsuccessful run for Lt. Governor, which he should never have done. They all agreed, he was an honest politician. Oddly enough, as we were leaving the hospital, who pulled in to the parking lot, the aforementioned politician.

I wonder what might have been the outcome if Jesus, yes, the first one, had gone in to politics. Not sure what all offices were available then, but I'm sure there were some, and those in office were somehow corrupt. Would Jesus have avoided the temptations of office. Something seems to happen when you start managing other peoples money, a bottomless pit of money. Could Jesus have remained honest and not been corrupted. If so, he would have been the only one that I am aware of.  

Just look at that mayor in New Jersey. When did he become corrupt? Was he corrupt when he was elected, or did the power and the office corrupt him.

I imagine politics is a lot like cocaine. Once you try it, you want more and more, and lose all reason, become addicted, and become drunk with power and oblivious to any consequences. Ask that guy in Jersey.