Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Thursday, September 6, 2012

Respect, or lack of it

Talking today a thought occurred to me.

WHO commands respect anymore? WHO do you actually respect, what profession deserves or commands respect. Politicians are at the bottom of my list, evangelists are there also. When I was young, I respected Doctors and Ministers. Doctors no more, as my Father once said (and he was a Doctor), man Doctors no longer practice medicine, they practice deceit. There is much truth to that.

I have been trying to figure out who I actually do respect anymore. There has to be someone.

I think that certain athletes command respect. Roger Federer, Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, all people I look up to, but there are not too many. I am sure there are others. It is a shame there are no politicians on my list. I think the very nature of becoming a politician necessitates qualities that lose my respect.  Like becoming a gangster or a thief.

Lawyers, certainly not. Millionaire evangelists, no way.

I think some Educators would be high on my list. I admire grade school teachers, I think their goals are lofty and they are dedicated.

An easy list to remember, educators.