Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Friday, October 3, 2014

Things I didn't use to worry about ...........

Passwords, I am now concerned about passwords. If, and it happens in old people, of which I am one, my memory starts to fade a bit. I think I will try to change all of my various passwords to just one, then I can write that somewhere. How awful it would be to not be able to get in to my bank account, or, our bank account.

My "password" cleverness has changed over the years. When I first started doing computers, many years ago, I used one for everything. Since then, I have used a dozen new ones, always cleverer than the last, but, there are some things now that I can't open .... because of my cleverness.

I don't buy anything that will last a long time. Nothing with a "lifetime" guarantee, waste of money. I have run out of after shave. Aqua Velva I have used for many years. I have used the last I had, and used it sparingly, no "splashing" as it shows in the ad. I was going to buy some at Walmart the other day. It was the day before my birthday, I was entitled to it. It was in the cart, ready to  buy .... as I pushed the cart, with a bad, noisy wheel, which I always get .... I remembered how long I had the last bottle, a few years .... I put it back on the shelf. I now use some sort of a moisturizer stuff in a tube, it also give me a "glow." My grand daughter, Mandy, gave me some after shave butter stuff in a tube, love it, but ran out. I knew I would not get all of the use out of the Aqua Velva.

I started using Aqua Velva at Lake Tahoe, bought my first bottle at a drug store that used to be on the North end of the lake. Whenever I put it on, I thought of Lake Tahoe, a walk down memory lane every time I shaved, but, no more, five bucks was too much. It is a shame I was not in that mindset many, many years ago, and it shows that my "spendthrift" ways are changing, a bit late..

So I sit here, glowing, ready to face the day, digging for thoughts, trains of thought, anything to make an interesting blog. The weather is gloomy, my mood is gloomy, but, I am "glowing."