Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, October 29, 2014

How do they do it?


I am watching TV, early morning TV, loaded with commercials .... getting ready for Christmas Selling, and I have to wonder, how, do they come with all these TOOLS. New and improved tools that I have to have to save .................... so much. Every Father's Day and Christmas new tools.

An electric screwdriver, 360 degree swivel, you can ao anything with it, use it anywhere.

And, then, a socket wrench, well, to use in tight spaces, the slightest turn of the handle will loosen or tighten a nut.

Now a stepladder that one can almost live it, it does so much.

As Seen On TV .... products everywhere, A.J. is happy. Walmart, Kroger's, the drug store, all have a portion of an aisle devoted to such products. I went to CVS yesterday to get some sore shoulder relieving stuff for my daughter, got stuck in that aisle, checked out at least 20 products, most I had seen before, but they always interest me.

Mr. Khubani, Mr. As Seen On TV, I have met and spent time talking with. Very interesting man. He listened a lot, said little. One time, we were at my sons studio in NJ, and AJ was doing a "shoot" and we were at the front counter talking. There were 5 or 6 of us. All of us had an idea or a product we were running by him. He listened to us all, said little, but he summed it up with ..... "Is there a need for it?"

I have never forgotten that, is there a need for it? And, if you think about it, each of his products, there is a "need" for them.

Is he wealthy ............ ? The new owner of the record $34 million penthouse at the Seville Hotel redo / Residences at the Marriott Edition is infomercial king, sovereign of the 'As Seen On TV' empire, Ajit "A.J." Khubani, according to the New York Post.

I also think he bought a comparable airplane to fly from NJ or NY to his little place in Florida.

As I say, I have met and chatted with him, a very nice person, and when he spoke, I listened.