Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Friday, October 31, 2014

November Eve ...............

The last day of October, and, the weatherman, last night, saw some snow in the near future. Out Trick or Treat Great Grandkids came by last night. Miss Brooklyn, excitedly got out of the car, and slammed the door on her finger. I did that in the 30's, a Lincoln Zephyr, still have a scar. It hurt her, killed me, seeing that "Princess" .... all happy and excited, in tears ..... ruined my night. A band aid usually helped, but not this time. She and Mom and Dad and Miss Emma and her PawPaw, Grandfather took off in search of goodies, Miss Brooklyn had a tear in her eye, so sad.

Upset me so much I had a hard time eating dinner, I had done friend chicken, fantastic mashed potatoes and steamed carrots, ate very little

Later on, they all came back, and Miss Brooklyn, had a big broad grin on her face and a pumpkin full of candy, the finger forgotten for the time being. I was still devastated and she was smiling.

They televised a local football game last night, our old area school, Licking Valley, and they were playing Granville, a beautiful, affluent community nearby, home of Denison University. This significance of this, I looked at their helmets, and they were the Spades, not the Blue Aces as I knew them to be. Nothing on their logo indicates an Ace, just a Spade. The Granville Blue Spades, which, now, they will always be to me .... that logo really has nothing to do with an Ace. A primarily white, affluent community, called the Spades.

News this morning, an elusive killer is apprehended in Pennsylvania, alive, which surprised me, obama is hugging .... HEALTHY .... previously exposed, ebola nurses, another Bush may run for president, Hillary is on the campaign trail, California is out of water, quite a few killings around the country, nothing out of the ordinary.

I think due to television, marketing and retailing, Halloween is now a gigantic selling holiday, Walmart had a gigantic pile, aisles of Halloween products, candy displays, probably weighted in the tons. All, probably gone this weekend to make room for the Thanksgiving and Christmas displays. Weather seasons have been replaced by "Selling" Seasons. I don't remember much being sold, in my youth, other than masks, the rest was up to the imagination. No more, your choice of many "characters" .... probably only used once, so the process can be repeated in a year.

I still remember reaching in a bowl, of pennies, and being able to keep all I could bring out in my "little" hand. A memory never to be forgotten.

For a long time, the NFL has been advertising Thursday Night Football, a gigantic, colossal, event for aa Thursday night. I was going to watch last night, they changed the channel to one which I don't get, unless I pay .... which I will not do. I don't understand all of that. All day Sunday, Sunday Night, Monday night ...... but NO Thursday, they have their own network, NFL ..... will we all have to pay to see games ..... in the future? You bet! It is all ......... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$