Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, October 18, 2014

SMI - 10/18/14

Obama sez, "Not to worry over the Ebola thing," and then, rushed out to his broker and bought stock in protective clothing and rubber gloves.

He and his cabinet had a meeting, drew straws, the short one, the new Ebola Czar.

Obama proclaimed, "Now that I have figured out how to contain the Ebola Virus, I am putting this same effort in to containing ............ the wind, and then fire, and then ............. water. I do not think it is possible to "contain" the Ebola Virus. Some saw this happening many years ago, WHY NO vaccine, why no research on the subject, one wonders ......... WHY?

Why does Obama not work on containing Hurricanes, like the ones that are devastating Hawaii and Bermuda, and other places. I want to move to a place where I am not bothered with the weather, politics, or anything. I wonder if there is such a place?

ALL that is going on in the world and right here at home, and the main discussion, football. If the country was on fire, in the midst of the heat and fire and chaos, there would be a football game, and I honestly think at the root of it all TV, there are NO quality shows anymore, no talent to speak of, other than the infomercials...... I watch them more all the time. Today, deep fry a turkey, quickly, and slow cook a roast or a stew, and if neither work, put it in a Ninja blender and drink it.

I saw a ad the other day, for .... an ......... Outdoor Pizza Oven. In my wildest dreams, I have never dreamed of an outdoor pizza oven, or an outdoor kitchen complex with ovens and sinks and everything for a kitchen, only, for the outdoors. I have used my little gas grill, reduced at CVS ten years ago, to $5, twice this Summer. It is sitting on top of a charcoal grill, probably ten years old, never used, looks bad, been sitting outside, till you open the lid .... brand new.

Henry Ford, years ago, was talking with Gaston Chevrolet, let's design something for people to use for transportation. Gaston said, "You mean like going to Walmart?" Henry replied, "What's a Walmart?" The point being, they wanted to come with something people could use for TRANSPORTATION .... getting them from one place to another. So, the car was invented for TRANSPORTATION. Take the kids to school, go the the grocery store, drive to work, etc.

And, to this day, they are for ..... transportation. So, why do they need all these extra things, heated seats, fifty way adjustable, air conditioning, warning lights, TV screens, automatic parking, one, a button changes the interior lighting and the mood inside the car, for the short drive to Krogers. Surround sound, don't listen to traffic and horns, listen to music. DVD players, GPS systems, thousands and thousands of dollars of devices to make my trip to Walmart, so much more enjoyable. I remember when "electric" windshield wipers were an option, a radio, was an option, a cigarette lighter was an option.

What drives the designers and engineers to come up with all these gadgets ..... "EGO satisfiers." I have had Chrysler Imperials, Cadillacs, Lincolns, a Camaro, a little Chevy Sprint, now, a Chevy Cavalier and a Chevy Astro Van, and all any of them did was haul me around. The white Camaro, T-top, gorgeous, I never looked at anyone in any car .... because ..... they ....... were looking at me, no eye contact, just letting them, admire me, I emitted arrogance in that car, the Imperial also ..... but, they still just took me to Walmart and back.

"What, the water is leaking where, what do you mean the door is stuck, I know it's Fall, I'll store that stuff later, yeh, yeh, yeh, I know I should do that .... but ..... there's a football game on..............