Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, October 11, 2014

Another ............. Why?

I don't know when it started, "celebrating" after something good happens on a football playing field. Is it always the first time something like that happens. I remember hearing a coach, not sure who or when, but his comment, "Act like you've done it before, don't let your opponent think it is the first time you've ever scored a touchdown."

I am old, an old spectator of all sports, except swimming and a few others, and, I don't like it. First of all, there is great concern over head injuries, so why stand for all the head butting and helmet smacking going on. One kid just scored a touchdown, and he took a heck of a beating, after he scored. Hitting him on the head, shoving him, pushing him, helmet to helmet butting ... I could imagine him saying to himself, "No more, I ain't gonna score any more, I can't take it."

My coaching philosophy would be, "Act like you've done it before, it's just another touchdown, tackle, that's what I do, not my first sack, hey, we're good, we do this all the time."

"Ah what, back there, Bronko, you got a question ...... you wanna do what .... take what .... ballet lessons ...... you gotta be kiddin!"