Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Wednesday evening

Getting rather late on a Wednesday night, been sitting here at my Wife's computer, my laptop is still on loan, hard getting used to this keyboard, used one for many years, but recently.

I did a post, looking for people on a flight, an Ebola warning, I wonder how many of those we will see in the future ... "When in danger, or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." We are not there yet, but may not be far off. The obama administration is trying to  keep us ..... calm ..... but that will be to no avail if it gets much worse. And I guess it all started on the Ebola river, somewhere, wonder how it got started, and, could it be ............. well, you know. I guess the lady was even here in Ohio, hitting close to home.

Don't you just love "negative" political advertising? A candidate needs no positive redeeming qualities at all, just bad mouth your opponent, often, often, often. I know I have said it before, but here in Ohio, one state office, I know someone is running against the subject off the adds, but I do not know who, not seen a name, nothing positive about the candidate. Must be a real winner, has nothing to sell, no redeeming qualities at all, so just malign the opponent. Sad that we have gotten to that point.

I am giving thought to a blog, of comments and suggestions made by a Board of Elections, words and terms that cannot be used in political literature, and we see them so often .... two would be .... Honesty and Integrity. Neither can be used by any candidate. Come to think of it, not too many people can use either one of those words, anymore.

I have changed my mind, I am going to vote, going to make up a list to take to the polls with me. ANY candidate receiving loads of negative advertising, will get my vote. Someone who uses such a tactic must have nothing to offer themselves. Which party, really doesn't matter any more. Who is in office, doesn't matter, they landed one hell of a job, great pay, great retirement, great benefits, great expense account, a lot of travel and meetings, generally to Vegas or some exotic area with many five start hotels, and a large following of "working girls" .... and, I assume not, with many women in office, some "working boys." What a great job to have, political office, I wish I had "gone astray" years ago, run for office or gone to work in the government ..... at any level ..... instead, I worked.............