Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Thursday, October 23, 2014

Inka Dinka Do .............

I think I have mentioned this before in a post, saw something on TV that made me think of the incident.

I went through my "training" at the Nevada Club, and this was one of my first nights as a "dealer" and not a trainee, Mark told me to open up one table that had been closed. I uncovered the table, got out the dice, did all the things necessary, and stood there with my .... "I am so proud of myself" look.

A crap table is pretty long, I forget the length, but they were meant for two dealers, one on each end, and if we got really busy, the "stick man" would be on the opposite side controlling the dice and the game.

I was ready, it was around four in the morning, not too busy in the the club .... I heard a voice, a familiar voice, at the far end of the table ..... it was one ........ Jimmy Durante .... "C'mon kid, let me see them dice." I was somewhat in awe, but I slid the bowl with the dice in them to him, he picked a pair, made a bet on the Pass Line, and the game was on.

Almost instantly, a small crowd gathered, and the game was on. Not big enough for Mark to send me help, so I ran from one end to the other, taking and paying, it was fun .... I got some "banter" going on with Mr. Durante, he had a rather lengthy "hand" so we had some fun.

He finally finished his hand, handed me a few dollars, said, "Thanks, Kid," and left, as did all of those standing around the table.

My first celebrity, the first of many, but will never forget my time with .... one .... Jimmy Durante.

He was appearing at the time at the Riversisde and had finished his last show .....