Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wednesday Morning in Nerk, Ahia - July 2, 2014

Sun is out this morning, pleasant, walked Caleb, barefooted, in the grass, good foot therapy. The dew in the grass was warm and damp, a lot of rain last night.

Checked out the news and some blogs. Michelle Obama is actually Michael. I have always felt she was more masculine than Barack, and she seems to have an "adams apple," muscular shoulders, a longer ring finger than her pointer finger, masculine hands, I have thought that since I first saw her, or him. So, we apparently do have a Queen in the White House, probably illegally married to a person who is not actually a citizen, with two adopted children. Now if Barack can figure out a way to "install" himself in as a "King" ... England, here we come. I wonder who their carriage maker is over there, may need one.

Did some grocery shopping yesterday at our local Aldi's. Really like that store. Takes a quarter to get a cart, nothing fancy, very plain store, unique brands, no-name brands, but really good stuff. When you pay, you put your stuff on the conveyor, give her your cart, she totals and puts back in your cart, you bag your own stuff, and out the door, return the cart, get your quarter back, and on your way. Very competitive prices. They are getting more crowded all the time. 

I was feeling good, get some cans here, some boxes of stuff there, and then, I saw it, should I, or not, will I ever use it, it looks so good, I can just taste it, but .... steak sauce. I made up my mind and got a bottle. I didn't put it away with the other groceries, I have it here, in the living room, on our coffee table, as a reminder, of what used to be ..... before ....... beef prices went up, up, up, up, and up. Now, I look at that bottle and dream, of what used to be, and hope, that when I hit the lottery .... well, I can again, eat steak. 

Grocers will soon, much like jewelry stores, keep the steak .... "in the back." They will bring them out, and show them, when asked, and you will be able to look at it, with the butcher, standing there, watching your every move. The better cuts will be shown by appointment only, in the "vault" room. 

But, I am ready, I have ............. Steak Sauce.