Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Thursday, July 10, 2014

Thursday, 10 July

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Granddaughter Amanda, she is a delight, very proud of her. She has traveled 25 years in my life. I am at the age where I can no longer comprehend time. I have lived through mine, my kids, my grandkids and my great grandkids, too much to remember, I guess. An odd thing, when you get old you have all those memories, but the mind is not as .......  can't think of a good word. I  guess, when you need it the most, it is not working as well. I hope that makes sense.

OBAMA is in Texas working out the illegal immigration thing. Sixty plus years ago, I spent a few months at the Tijuana border, Shore Patrol in the Navy. There were daily buses bringing "illegals" back to Mexico. We should be thankful that he finally is there to work out a solution to the problem. How fortunate are we to have such a leader. He is a real Captain Obama. I have to wonder WHY? Is his arrogance such that he honestly thinks that HE has a solution to an age old problem. There is NO solution to the problem, well, there is, but it is not politically correct, and politics is the guiding hand in any decision made. What is good for the party, not what is good for the country?

I must admit, recent events on this old laptop have taken much of the joy of writing and working on this blog, away. I used to look forward to having my coffee in the morning, checking the news and posting on this blog, but, as in "Mudville" ..... mighty Casey has struck out. Thanks to Supra Sales and their "POPUPS" and their sharing this computer now, not much fun anymore. I could live with NSA sharing this with me, they were just observant and passive, almost like someone just looking over the shoulder.

Early July and Summer is almost over, time, now, till October, will fly by. TV is advertising their NEW Fall shows, the NFL is advertising Thursday Night Football ...... no more Summer, sure went by fast. September Song is playing ..... the melody is lilting through the air .............