Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Thursday, June 5, 2014

It's not me, it's the shirt ................

I had a very nice golf type shirt given to me years ago, as a birthday present, by Steve Layman, a very successful Realtor here in Newark. Gold white and dark blue large stripes, a high quality shirt, with their name in the upper left portion: Anderson Layman Company.

I don't wear it often, hand wash it, and try to keep it as nice as possible.

I now wear it when either my wife or I has a Doctors appointment, or anything related to the medical profession. I have a note by the door, if something drastic happens to me ... I want to "squad" to make sure I have the Anderson Layman Company shirt on.

Some time ago, we were waiting for a doctor to enter the examining room and look at my wife's shoulder. He entered, gave us a blank look, made some comment and started to look at her shoulder, and out of the corner of his eye ..... he saw ..... Anderson Layman Company. His eyes lit up, a smile came to his face, and he started to give a .... "Do you?" ..... I saw where this was going and told him I did not work for them. He looked disappointed and went on with his examination.

On two occasions a month, when my wife goes to the hospital for blood work and a shot, I sit in the vestibule waiting. I now wear this shirt .... blank looks go to smiles when they see the logo, a few say hello, one Doctor, from India, came over and we shook hands. All the time, he was looking at the logo. As a person, to the medical profession, I am nothing, but, as a Realtor .... I am acknowledged

This morning, we are heading out in a bit, my wife has to have an EKG at the doctors office. I will be wearing this shirt. As an individual I get no respect. As a successful Realtor .....well 

One more, even spell check ...... capitalizes Realtor, but not doctor ..... it must be ..... the Shirt.. .