Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Sunday, June 22, 2014

A letter from Ben .......

I received a letter from an old friend, Ben Africa, who has a small "spread" or a mini-ranch near Fallon, Nevada. I met him many years ago when I was out there, and we have talked on the phone occasionally, and sometimes write. Yesterday he wrote .............

Hi Joe, all is well here in Nevada. The ranch is doing rather well this year. Visited Reno recently, just not the same place that it used to be. As you probably know, Danny passed away, as did Don and some others we knew. Not many of us old timers left.

I recently went to the auction in Sparks and spent $6, 500 on a young registered Black Angus bull. I put him out with the herd but he just ate grass and wouldn't even look at a cow. I was beginning to think I had paid more for that bull than he was worth.

Anyhow, I called Jack Crenshaw, you may remember him, he married Marcy, the friend of Bettye, who worked at the Holiday. He finished college and is now a Veterinarian in Sparks. I had him come and  look at him. He said the bull was very healthy, but possibly just a little young, so he gave me some pills to feed him once a day.

Wow, they worked, the bull started to service the cows within two days, all my cows! He even broke through the fence at Chester Flowers and bred with many of his cows!

The pills really worked, I called Jack up and thanked him. I don't know what was in those pills, but they kind of tasted like peppermint.

Joe, hope all is well with you, I hope to get back there some day for a visit.

Ben

PS: Tell Ernie hello for me,