Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, June 28, 2014

SMI - 6/28/14 and Craig Young

Another Saturday Morning Inspection. A Saturday does not go my that I don't think about my days at The Citadel, and the inspections we had, on Saturday Morning. Bleached wooden floors so they were as white as possible, brass work polished, clothes properly arranged, shoes shined. Sometimes spent the night getting ready for it. And on some occasions all that work done ...... after ...... a party.

Best wishes to dear friend Craig Young who had some "work" done on his legs last week. Our friendship goes back many years. I was having lunch one day, at Roger's Old New Landmark, sitting at the bar. Someone sat next to me. I think it was after Christmas that year. Someone had given Roger a new telephone system for the occasions. It did not work right. Her name escapes me right now, but, she told us that it was not working right. I told her it was the wiring. "It comes in high on the wall, there, travels down to the floor, then back up to the phone. It is too high for the signal to climb."

The guy next to me agrees, and we go on for a while. It was Craig, and we have been good friends since. I have done some printing, designing, etc., over the years, and given him the highest designation for being a "pain in the ass" customer. He likes that. We have done many things together, enjoyed them all.

I wish him a speedy recovery, and he has advertised for some part time help. I applied.

"I would like to apply. I have a few limitations. I can only work two hours a day. Can only lift three pounds. Need a five minute break, every ten minutes. I sometimes get dizzy when standing up. I need at least two "potty" breaks every hour. I can only stand for eight minutes and then must sit down. I am allergic to dust, paint and cleaning chemicals. I will need transportation to and from work. If you need references, call Craig Young or Joan Batstra at 1st Response. Oh, I have had a triple bi-pass and have limited use of the range of my arms. My nick-name is "Shaky" and I am a Veteran, and an explosives demolition expert. What, honey I can't hear you, what else should I put, oops, I dropped my coffee cup. Who, Craig, I told them .... no, I am not going to tell them I will not work for them if Craig picks me up and takes me home. My heart,, remember? I look forward to hearing from you in regards to my employment. My telephone number is unlisted as I am under indictment for unemployment fraud and don't wish for them to find me."

They never called me back, wonder why. Joan Batstra, who I sent the application to, replied, and indicated they had already hired some with the same qualifications.

USA Soccer plays again this week, sometime, will be glued to the set, I have to watch it that way, otherwise, when I fall asleep I would slide to the floor ..... USA ...... USA ........ USA ...... took me a while but I am learning the cheers .......................