Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, April 26, 2014

SMI - 4/26/14

Close to noon, sitting here in total "quiet" this morning, enjoying the solitude. I haven't felt well for the last few days, not sure of the problem, but I promised my wife that if I was not better by Monday, we might call and make an appointment with our doctor. I think just some "old man" issues. Does concern me though.

I remember back in the 40's, I worked at MVH, Miami Valley Hospital, in Dayton, Ohio, where my Dad housed many of his patients, and one ward, they had Wards in those days, not as many private rooms, but one, was the Geriatric Ward. One never forgets the "odor" in a Geriatric Ward, one never forgets that odor. All those tired looking old men, and now, I be one.

I remember a Maternity Ward, Geriatric Ward,, Surgery Ward, Children's Ward, probably others, forget what they were. They did have private rooms, just not as many. I imagine some hospitals still have "wards" today, I know the VA does.

Sunny in Ohio, not sure of the temp, looks a little chilly out, but at least the Sun is out. None Yesterday.

I am spoiled, the telephone just rang, the TV is off, do't know who called. Phone rings, automatically look at the TV to see who is calling. We don't answer any calls unless we know who it is. We have FREE cruises calling us all the time, someone really wants us to take that FREE cruise. Have a bill collector or two calling us. Many years ago, I bought a cell phone at Walmart. Found that it didn't "work" in this area, we sent it back, someone still wanted their money. We obviously didn't pay, so it gets passed from one "collector" to another.. Got tired of explaining, so we just don't answer. That has been going on for almost 15 years.

And now, we get an automated call around 8 in the evening, reminding us of "Doctors Appointments." We never take those, they are automated anyway. I have a "follow up" appointment with my Eye Doctor in July from my Cataract Surgery. They made the appointment, now they want to change it, want me to call to make it another day. It too is automated, I think.

"Hello, who, how did you get this number? No one is supposed to have it, this number belongs to a family in the Witness Protection Program, I suggest you delete it immediately. Someone from our offiice will be getting in touch with you."

"Hello, who, what, there is a funeral going on right now, this is the Palmer Funeral Home, you have reached a private number in the family viewing room, my God, you have interrupted a funeral."

Quiet is nice ..............