Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Donald Sterling banned for life by NBA, fined $2.5 million

I have to wonder why this has become such an issue and gotten to this point. What he said was stupid, racist, yes, all of that, but the were ..... just words, spoken by an obvious historically bigotted man. He has to be aware of the fact that his team is predominately black and is dependent upon their talent to generate his income. Is he stupid, yes. Was Imus stupid, all the others who have made stupid comments and done stupid things.

What oath did Sterling take, when did the NBA acquire such authority? What if Sterling disguises himself and sneaks into a game, and he is found out. Will they arrest him, call the police, take him to jail. "I want this man locked up officer, he went to a basketball game ..... and we said he shouldn't."

What if the head of GM, a lady now, I think, stated, "No more black cars!" Would that create an uproar. Who has authority over them, AAA?

"OK, Taylor here, AAA, you guys here at GM have produced some really bad cars, you have to stop now. And, we are fining you $1000 per bad car, OR ... you can choose one of curtains on the stage, and take your chances with whatever penalty is behind them. Do you want curtain one two or three?"

My wife, choose to watch "Wolf of Wall Street" the other night. Did SAG come and threaten the producers or anyone connected with that ..... thing. Out of respect for the departed movie industry folks, I cannot call it a movie. I just watched a little of it, and I was insulted, my intelligence was insulted, my eyes and ears were insulted. I felt more insulted just watching one scene, than the entire black community felt over Sterling's comments.

I like Magic Johnson, I shook hands with him once. I imagine in his long illustrious career, he has been insulted on a greater scale than  these few off hand comments. I might sue him. I saw him at the Lansing, Michigan airport, he was coming in, after a championship series. I had paper and pencil ready .... "I am really tired, could we just shake hands?" I even had a Gold Cross for him to use.

The comments made by Sterling were uncalled for. One odd thing, though. Here we have a man and his mistress and his wife, and his comments get  more attention than the mistress. Maybe V. Stiviano can sue the network for not giving her more attention. Maybe she could ban television from ever coming into her home, and, anyplace she goes could not have a television turned on.

Sterling has a big mouth, wealth does that to some people. I doubt that he is too upset, he has his 1.9 BILLION to fall back on. "Who the what, they are going to do what, get the jet ready, V and I are going to the Bahamas for a few days, oh, she can come along if she wants. Do we still have that damn black pilot. I really like him, double his salary, I call him Snowball, he loves it."