Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, April 29, 2014

a rainy, dreary tuesday ...

Tuesday Morning, raining in Ohio, cloudy, supposed to have a few days of it. Will have the SAG light on shortly. Easy Instrumentals playing on the TV in the background. Have checked the news, shootings, war threats, Obama is doing his impersonation of an "important" person around the world. If and after he leaves office, I say "If" .... I am sure the most grandiose "library" will be erected to his memory, one the likes we have never seen before. It will become one of the "Wonders of the World."

I am awed by the "flap" created by the remarks made by the NBA team owner, who is apparently a know racist, yet receives awards for his contributions to fighting the cause. But then, most of his "contributions" have, in fact been contributions. Money has a way of doing that. And, we are in a slow news cycle so that has something to do with it.

I did listen to part of a hockey game last night. Columbus, Ohio has a hockey team, the Bluejackets, not sure where or why that name came from. I was a Bluejacket, in the Navy, so not sure of any association. Anyway, they made their way into the playoffs, and if they had won last night they would have continued on, but they lost, so their season is done. I got caught up in the hype. All over the news, first time they have gone this far, Columbus is wild with excitement, people are camping out to get tickets. I know little to nothing about hockey. They wear skates, played on ice and they use a puck, a hard black disc, which they hit with a stick. I was a fan, last night, for a little while.

Yokohama, you say, yes, I remember that incident. 1954, in the Navy, my first trip to Japan. Entering the water leading to Yokohama. I went up on deck. There were many "relics" of the recent war, not even ten years ago, yet there were sunken ships from a war I had watched in the newsreels at a theater, back home. And here I was, seeing this, it was very surreal. The war was very far away, when I was in Ohio. Now, here I was in Japan seeing the ..... war. It was an awesome experience for me.

"Beyond the Sunset" is playing now, has much greater importance to me in my advanced age, actually, bringing a lump to my throat and tears to my eyes .... I know that the road ahead is much shorter than the road behind .... rainy and dreary outside and I am inside dwelling on the end of my life. At least, NCIS is on tonight, and I think if is new, so things are looking up ..................