Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, April 19, 2014

SMI - 4/19/14

I did a post yesterday on photo of my great grandmother, here is my Mom, doing a painting of that, Mom passed away in '71 on Good Friday...

Saturday again, thank YOU for granting me another week. Easter Dinner here tomorrow for our family.

My Mom passed away on Good Friday in 1971, spent too little time with her. As I've stated in the past, in comparison, only spent 20 of my 80 years with her, those she was Mom, really never got to know her as a person, just a, Mom. So, Jessie Maud Shannon Dooley, you are in my thoughts this morning, more so than usual.

Is Obama, through sheer arrogance, going to rekindle the flames of a Russian war, and get us in a war with them. He is playing a dangerous game, much like a "village idiot" offending the community. He reminds me of a "bat boy" being called upon to "pinch hit" in a world series game, with men on base, and the game and the entire series on the line. "Ah hey, coach, I'm not ready for this, I'm just a bat boy."

"You're at the plate, it's your game to win or lose," came the reply.

Have politicians always been this way? What is it that "triggers" that mental mechanism in the mind, when one hears that one word, after being sworn in, :Congratulations."

"OH, what fun, I am now spending "other peoples" money, NOT mine, OTHER PEOPLES. I think that something is triggered in the mind, an imbalance that is caused when raising the right hand and holding it there, during the duration of the "Swearing in" oath. A chemical change occurs during that brief time, a cloud, in the brain, covers the "reason" section of the brain, and one leaves the ceremony, as a child, frolicking in a field of "green" ..... and it ain't grass.......... "Oh, what fun, I am free, I can do as I want, people have to listen to me, I don't have to be reasonable, anymore, I an free."

Politicians, athletic coaches, evangelists, all fall into the same category, anymore. "Mommy, I want to be associated with people that are honest, loyal, reliable, where can I find them?"

"Ah, well, son, ah, well, we'll talk about it later, when your Father comes home."

Enough for now, have cleaning and cooking to do, an especially blessed weekend greetings to all.