Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, May 22, 2013

One too many ..................

I think I am "disastered" out. I think we are all allotted so many disasters to either live through or hear about, not sure what the number is, but I know I have reached my limit.

I was not around in 1913, but we had a high water mark in our house, and I heard a lot about the "flood of 1913" at Dayton, Ohio. Then, or course WWII, after hearing many stories about WWI and even the Civil War, which my grandfather served in. My Dad was in WWI.

Not until television, and more recently the new portable TV equipment, have we been so informed about disasters. Now we are exposed to Before, During and After the disaster occurs. We have hundreds of reporters sticking microphones in front of hundreds to hear, first hand, all of the tearful stories they can find. It has turned in to a feeding frenzy.

I apparently had a pre-set "ENOUGH" Disaster Gauge, built in. It let me know I had reached my limit at the onset of the Moore disaster.

I have not been following it. I don't have to observe it to know what was asked. I know there were heroes, they were interviewed. Firemen and policemen were also, as well as, the Governor, some mayors and probably the president.

I noticed one article this morning where the "people"are suing .... I think it was The United Way, or someone, anyway, they are being sued by the "people" because they didn't get all the money that was raised for them. I forget which disaster that was. Money collected for them, and they are having to sue to get it. Are we a great country, or what?

With television coverage as thorough as it is, why is it necessary for EVERY television station to send a camera crew to get "live" coverage.

Watching the noon news. A list of agencies collecting money for Moore.They have crews, "live" on site, and, oh, yes, there are looters, locally, cancer scams, a few shootings, robberies, one store got hit twice, one guy tried to kidnap his 14 year old girlfriend from her school, she ran away, they are looking for him. Just the regular stuff.