Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Friday, May 31, 2013

Complaint Department

I have been doing the "internet" thing for many years. I started when no one knew what a URL was. I could buy almost any domain name I wanted. I was not smart enough to realize their value, or potential value.

I remember a guy brought a brand new computer to our printing office and wondered why he couldn't get on the internet. He bought one, plugged it in, and could not get on the "net." Had to explain to him how it worked. I was perceptive enough to tell people, "If you don't have a website yet, you soon will." But not intelligent enough to realize the potential.

We would "download" something at night, and it would be ready in the morning. There were two stores in Columbus, Ohio that sold computers. We had to drive over there to get our first one, and the printer, an HP500

We could get what services were available, free. No more, everything costs. I was trying to find some information yesterday, eventually, I had to "join" to find out what I wanted.

While I was doing that, "pop-ups" on every page, some automatically took me to another page, "pop-ups" galore. YouTube has some great music, preceded by ads. Before I can listen, I have to watch. Extortion in some ways, but we face "extortion" in some form almost every day. It galls me when I run out of pills, call the doctors office (which is owned by our local hospital) and am told I have to come in for an office "visit" to get the prescription. That is "medical extortion." Generally requires a trip to the hospital for either "blood work" or an x-ray or something that they will make money on.

Other than that, a nice morning in Ohio, gonna be hot, but we wished for that last Winter. Nice thing living here for me, always something to "bitch" about, but also, something to look forward to, the next season. Perfect climate for my ADD.