Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, May 18, 2013

Nothing of any importance to say ............

Saturday, the sun is hiding somewhere, kinda blah, trying to come with something inspirational that I can write about. Trying to bring a memory back, from my past, that I can use as a comparison or at least give me some inspiration to write about.

I was in the Navy, discharged "bad boys" for two years, and spent two years conveying troops to Korea, and bringing some back. OK, is there a comparison there, no, the ship never sank, or took on water, and was slowly sinking.

I was a dealer in Nevada, dealt craps, I think I can compare that to politics, Washington, the present administration, yes, I see a comparison there. A number of terms here that fit well, craps, seven out, snake eyes, boxcars, proposition bets, back line, field, winner, winner, chicken for dinner, and of course, seven out. We never said "loser" because there was a winner every roll of the dice, so it was, "Seven out, line away, last come bets and the back line," or something like that.

I dealt some 21 out there, broke, busted, jack deuced, blow, cold decked, cooler, counter,crimp, crossroader, dauber,deuce dealing, drag down, dummy up, edge work, eighty six, first base, flash, front money, flat store, grind, hand mucker, hole card, juice, live one, natural, seconds, shill, stacked deck, wave, a lot of terms that relate to our present political  situation, all about 21.

I guess, in fact, I'm busted, no more for today, no thoughts that will deliver inspiration or hope. I, too, am filled with apathy. Don Eammelli, my old floor boss, when I started at the Primm, would always flip me for coffee. I never won. Don had it down to a science. He would flip the silver dollar, if he caught it here, it was heads, a little lower, it was tails. If he offered a bet for something, he would win, he never bet, it was always a sure thing. Took me a long time to learn that, I guess I was never too smart.

I think politics and Washington is that way, deck stacked, all sure things.

One positive thought. My neck hurts, my lower back hurts. Warmer weather, I have been having a large Beefeaters Gin and Tonic, for a few weeks. My back is better and my neck is better. Not sure if it is a coincidence or not, just happy something is working. And, as some know, right after I shave, the razor gets dried and immediately placed in olive oil. I got a new, razor from Gillette in the mail, still using it, nice and sharp, good close shaves, oh, I got it three months ago.