Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, May 25, 2013

On my bucket List ....



We were talking last night, one of my bucket list items ............

I would like to have a nice evening Summer dinner, at The Would, in Highland, New York, with my guests, Martina Navratilova, Jennie Finch, Elena Della Donn, Allison Fisher and Angie Harmon. And then an evening of sitting out on the porch and just talking and listening to their stories.

Martina I have admired for many years. I am not necessarily a big tennis fan, but, I admired her tenacity, professionalism and dedication to the sport. I forget which tournament, maybe the US Open, she was in the latter stages of her career, and with dogged determination, she won. She is special.

Jennie Finch, been watching her career since a few they televised when she was at Arizona. She is a role model for any young girl. I think she has done more for women's softball than anyone. And, she still is. She is still a strong roll model and still active in sports.

Elena Della Donn, Sunday she will be playing in her first professional game. I watched her play in college, and familiar with her story. She, too, is a suitable role model for any young girl. Her dedication to family is a story in itself. She will bring glory to her team, her community and her family. She is going to be a standout professional player, and continue to inspire young ladies and young girls.

Allison Fisher, probably not familiar to everyone, she shoots pool. A champion pool player. She has won many titles, probably more than any woman, 50 WPBA titles. She is a competitor. She came over from England. I love her competitive spirit.

Angie Harmon, well, I'm just in love with her. If my wish is answered, I would just love to look at her for an evening, even if she didn't talk. She is married to an athlete, a professional football player. I hope she doesn't bring him along. Check out something really neat. Angie was on the Leno show. Her fiance, Jason Sehorn entered, and proposed to her on TV. WATCH HERE  I would love to sit and chat with someone who appears so gracious and sincere.

See how we get. Above I originally said that Sehorn came out, and proposed .... can't use that term for fear someone will misunderstand. Oddly, as you saw if you watched, Elton John was on the show, Leno asked Angie if Sehorn would "come out" .... got a laugh from Elton, he already had.